We want to help you think well about immigration, especially as news reports grow over potential surges of unaccompanied minors at the U.S. southern border. How do we care for immigrants well and celebrate immigration as important to America while also not creating a magnet for a border crisis? Jeff Pickering and Travis Wussow welcome Laura Collins to the roundtable to help answer that question.
Laura Collins serves as Director, Bush Institute-SMU Economic Growth Initiative at the George W. Bush Institute. Collins previously served as the Director of Immigration Policy at the American Action Forum. She has experience in politics, working as a Senior Research Analyst at the Republican National Committee for the 2012 election cycle and in the Texas House of Representatives for the 82nd Legislature. A former practicing attorney, Collins earned a JD from The University of Texas School of Law and a BBA from the University of Oklahoma.
Resources from the Conversation
- Connect with Laura and her work at the Bush Institute
- Read Laura’s January 2019 op-ed: Border challenges are real and urgent, but solutions are more complex
- Read the Bush Center’s White Paper: Smart Border Policy For The 21st Century
- Check out former President George W. Bush’s new book, Out of Many, One
- Guaranteeing Secure National Borders: Thinking Biblically about Immigrants and Immigration Reform Series by ERLC Policy Staff
- Subscribe to ERLC’s Policy Newsletter