Matthew Hawkins and Steven Harris welcome Lori Windham, Senior Counsel at Becket to review the leaked draft of a new rule from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Travis Wussow explains how the DOJ could help Southern Baptist plaintiffs in the HHS lawsuits and Jeff Pickering highlights the plans for the ERLC’s summer DC interns. Also, non-hockey fans talk hockey and reveal we don’t know what we’re talking about.
Leaked HHS rule
The “HHS mandate” presently requires employer to facilitate all FDA approved contraceptives, abortion-causing drugs, and sterilization procedures as a part of their health insurance. Sufficient exceptions do not yet exist for organizations who object to such products on moral or religious grounds.
- Bio: Lori Windham
- The “leaked” rule draft (PDF)
- HHS Info Central via Becket
- Here we stand: Southern Baptists and the HHS Mandate
- Past HHS mandate content from ERLC.com
- Internships at ERLC
- What’s Best Next? How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done – by Matt Perman