As the coronavirus pandemic rages across the world, Christians are on the front lines offering medical care to those in need. Jeff Pickering welcomes Edward Graham of Samaritan's Purse to the show talk about how their worldwide aid organization is mobilizing medical volunteers to join local hospitals and government authorities in Italy and New York City to respond to the pandemic.
This episode is sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox
Edward Graham is Assistant to the Vice President of Programs and Government Relations at Samaritan's Purse. He is the youngest son of Franklin and Jane Graham, and the grandson of Billy Graham. Edward graduated from the United States Military Academy where he went on to serve 16 years in the US Army. After multiple combat deployments within Special Operations and serving in various leadership positions, he felt called by the Lord to return home and serve in the ministry starting in the winter of 2018. Edward and Kristy have been married for 14 years, and have one daughter and three sons. They are raising their four children in the mountains of North Carolina.
Resources from the Conversation
- Respond to Coronavirus with Samaritan’s Purse: Two Field Hospitals Deployed: New York City and Italy
- CNN | Central Park turns into a field hospital as New York surpasses 1,000 coronavirus deaths
- CNBC | Photos of the field hospital being built in New York’s Central Park
- Keep up with the ERLC’s latest resources on coronavirus at ERLC.com/COVID19
- Keep up with the latest CDC news and resources at coronavirus.gov
- From The White House | 30 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD
- ERLC | Subscribe to the Policy Newsletter
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast