In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss 2020 election updates, a shooting outside of the White House, a derecho in the midwest, coronavirus in kids, the housing market, and college football plans for the fall. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece by the ERLC Staff with an explainer on “How to make sure your kids are safe on the internet,” Jason Thacker with an explainer on “Elections in Belarus, an internet blackout, and human rights,” and Michael Natelli with “How churches can serve those facing eviction during the pandemic.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Matt Emerson for a conversation about life and ministry.
Matt Emerson is a professor at Oklahoma Baptist University and a dean at Hobbs College. Matt earned a bachelor’s degree from Auburn University and an M.Div. and Ph.D. in from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Before joining the OBU faculty in 2015 he previously taught at California Baptist University. Matt has authored or co-authored over 20 publications. His research interests include the Old Testament’s use in the New Testament, early Christian interpretation, and theological method. He serves as co-Executive Director of the Center for Baptist Renewal, co-editor of the Journal of Baptist Studies, steering committee member of the Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar, and Senior Fellow for the Center of Ancient Christian Studies. He is also a member of a number of scholarly societies, and blogs at Biblical Reasoning. Matt and his wife, Alicia married in 2006 and have five daughters. You can connect with him on Twitter: @M_Y_Emerson
- ERLC Staff with an Explainer: How to make sure your kids are safe on the internet
- Jason Thacker with Explainer: Elections in Belarus, an internet blackout, and human rights
- Michael Natelli with How churches can serve those facing eviction during the pandemic
- The Biden-Harris ticket rollout
- Biden campaign raises $26 million in first 24 hours
- Trump whisked out of press briefing after shooting outside White House
- Midwest Derecho strikes in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana
- There has been a 90% increase in Covid-19 cases in US children in the last four weeks, report says
- The pandemic real estate market
- Nearly 150 Christians killed in sustained violence in Nigeria
- The Mid-American Conference has canceled its football season this fall because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Big Ten and Pac-12 won’t play football this fall, but the Big 12 reportedly intends to
- Pandemic plunges U.K. into “largest recession on record”
- Lindsay: America’s Got Talent
- Josh: Leviticus | Blue Bell Cookie Two Step
- Brent: This teacher turned her pickup truck into a portable classroom.
Connect with us on Twitter
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox
- Policy Newsletter – Sign up for policy updates from our Washington, DC team.