In this episode, Josh, Brent, and Lindsay discuss the highest day of COVID-19 deaths, UK and Russian approval of a coronavirus vaccine, COVID-19 restrictions and court cases involving churches and private schools, President-elect Biden fracturing his foot, President Trump considering another presidential run in 2024, a 27-year-old embryo being born, Ellen Page now transgender, and Hawaii offering free round trips for remote workers. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including C. Ben Mitchell with “Who counts as a person? Today’s question in the abortion debate,” Amy Ford with “What you can do to help moms choose life: Getting the church ready to care for those with unplanned pregnancies,” and Joey Kline with “Five things your kids (and you) should know about Lottie Moon.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Dane Ortlund for a conversation about life and ministry.
Dane C. Ortlund serves as senior pastor of Naperville Presbyterian Church in Naperville, Illinois. He is an editor for the Knowing the Bible series and the Short Studies in Biblical Theology series, and is the author of several books, including Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers. Dane lives with his wife, Stacey, and their five children in Naperville, Illinois. You can connect with him on Twitter: @daneortlund.
- C. Ben Mitchell with Who counts as a person? Today’s question in the abortion debate
- Amy Ford with What you can do to help moms choose life: Getting the church ready to care for those with unplanned pregnancies
- Joey Kline with Five things your kids (and you) should know about Lottie Moon
- Coronavirus hospitalizations top 100,000 for the first time
- Highest ever daily death total
- UK authorises Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Pfizer says latest data shows its coronavirus vaccine is safe and 95% effective
- Putin says Russia will begin large-scale COVID-19 vaccination next week
- U.K. first nation to clear Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for mass rollout
- Appeals court upholds Kentucky, Michigan COVID restrictions against Christian schools
- ERLC urges court to block N.Y. pandemic order
- Joe Biden’s doctor says he suffered “hairline fractures” in foot after he slipped while playing with dog
- President Trump Seriously Considering 2024 Run As He Continues False 2020 Claims
- Trump legal crusade peppered with blunders
- Court ruling on Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood praised
- East Tenn. baby breaks record after being born from 27-year-old embryo
- Ellen Page is transgender
- Hawaii offers free round trips for remote workers
- Lindsay: What are you asking for for Christmas?
- Josh: College Basketball is back. Hillbilly Elegy
- Brent: Nine Non-obvious Ways to Have Deeper Conversations
Connect with us on Twitter
- End of Year Giving: If you’ve benefited from the content shared on this podcast, would you please consider making a year-end donation? Any individual donations we receive, apart from the Cooperative Program, goes to placing ultrasound machines in pro-life pregnancy centers, advocating for religious liberty, and human dignity here at home and across the globe.
- Searching for Christmas by JD Greear. This book is perfect for giving to unbelieving friends and family this Christmas.