In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss facemask requirements, unemployment rates, cats with Coronavirus, and Zoom fatigue. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Casey B. Hough on 3 ways to lead Christ’s sheep through the valley of the shadow of COVID-19, Ericka Andersen on quarantine as an opportunity for churches emerging stronger, and Josh Wester on why religious liberty is so important to Baptists. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Dan Darling for a conversation about life and ministry.
Daniel Darling is the Vice President for Communications for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention (ERLC). Dan is a bestselling author of several books, including Teen People of the Bible, Crash Course, iFaith, Real, Activist Faith, The Original Jesus, The Dignity Revolution, The Characters of Christmas and the forthcoming, A Way With Words, releasing in September 2020. He is the general editor, along with Trillia Newbell, of a small group study on racial reconciliation, The Church and the Racial Divide and is a contributor to The Worldview Study Bible and The Couples Devotional Bible. Dan has served churches in Illinois and Tennessee. He and his wife Angela have four children and reside in the Nashville area. They attend Green Hill Church in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, where Dan serves as Pastor of Teaching and Discipleship. Twitter: @dandarling
- Casey B. Hough with 3 ways to lead Christ’s sheep through the valley of the shadow of COVID-19
- Ericka Andersen with The quarantine is an opportunity for churches to emerge stronger
- Josh Wester with Why is religious liberty so important to Baptists?
- Defending a good doctrine
- Cellphone data shows coronavirus kept churchgoers at home in every state on Easter
- NPR: 73% Of Inmates At An Ohio Prison Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Texas, as an example, is reportedly looking at cuts as deep as 20% to the state budget.
- CNN: These are the states that require you to wear a face mask in public
- Perhaps a preview of things to come: VP Pence speaking at the US Air Force Academy graduation.
- Trump to Temporarily Halt Immigration Into the U.S. Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits
- Some citizens are looking to leave places like NYC
- Two cats in New York are first pets known to have coronavirus in the US
- 1 big thing: The Zoom fatigue is real
- Last night, the NFL draft went virtual amid coronavirus pandemic
- McDonald's is giving first responders and healthcare workers free 'Thank You meals'
- Lindsay: New show called The Chosen: The First Original Series About Jesus Christ
- Josh: Stunt guy video
- Brent: Helpful explainer from the NY Times: Is the Virus on My Clothes? My Shoes? My Hair? My Newspaper?
- Q: There’s been a lot of conversation about Christians and the 2020 election. What resources would you recommend for Christians to think about this issue?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox (The Good Book Company)
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox