In this episode, Josh, Brent, and Lindsay discuss the SBC’s executive committee meetings, J.D. Greear’s message, COVID-19 milestones, the approval of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine, sounds from Mars, and the next generation of USPS mail trucks. Lindsay gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including Josh Wester with “The Equality Act: A dangerous law with a clever name,” Michael McAfee with “Celebrating the American Sign Language Bible translation: And praying for more laborers to translate the Scripture,” and Joe Carter with “5 facts about Fred Luter.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Christine Hoover for a conversation about life and ministry.
Christine Hoover is a pastor’s wife, mom of three boys, host of the “By Faith” podcast, and author of several books. Her latest offering is With All Your Heart: Living Joyfully Through Allegiance to King Jesus. Previous books include Messy Beautiful Friendship and Searching for Spring. Originally from Texas, she and her family live in Charlottesville, Virginia, where they planted a church in 2008. Find more about Christine on her website https://www.christinehoover.net/. You can connect with her on Twitter @christinehoover.
- Josh Wester with The Equality Act: A dangerous law with a clever name
- Michael McAfee with Celebrating the American Sign Language Bible translation: And praying for more laborers to translate the Scripture
- Joe Carter with 5 facts about Fred Luter
- Greear decries division and repudiates pharisaical spirit in SBC
- Greear, Floyd stare down division; call for focus on Great Commission
- SBC EC disfellowshipped four churches
- ERLC-focused task force releases report
- SBC Executive Committee creates ERLC study task force
- 500,000 lives lost ot COVID-19
- FDA analysis finds Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine is safe and effective
- Pfizer-BioNTech Shot Stops Covid Spread, Israeli Study Shows
- Not the mark of the beast: Evangelicals should fight conspiracy theories and welcome the vaccines
- Mars rover beams back first ever sounds from Mars
- Tiger Woods crash: What we know
- USPS unveils next-generation mail truck
- Lindsay: Introduce Children to a Glorious God
- Josh: How the nations rage
- Brent: Tim Keller interview on cancer, books, and life
Connect with us on Twitter
- A Parent’s Guide to Teaching Your Children About Gender: by Jared Kennedy. This short book walks through six conversation topics designed to help you apply the truth and hope of the gospel to the complex issue of gender.
- Stand for Life: At the ERLC, we stand for life. Our work to save preborn babies and care for the vulnerable is vital to our work. Believing that abortion can end in our lifetime, will you join us as we STAND FOR LIFE?