We are in a season of transition at the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission after Russell Moore’s move to Christianity Today. The team in D.C. is changing as well, and so we wanted to bring you a final show with the current team: Jeff Pickering, Chelsea Patterson Sobolik, and Travis Wussow.
This show will air in two parts with reflections on the ERLC’s work in Washington, D.C., and a conversation with David French of The Dispatch about religious liberty, pro-life policy, and January 6th.
The motivating aim of Capitol Conversations was to foster a new evangelical imagination for political engagement and we hope it’s done that for you. On behalf of all of us at the ERLC in Washington, D.C., thanks for listening.
In the meantime, stay subscribed to Capitol Conversations as there will surely and soon be something new on this channel. And be sure to check out The ERLC Podcast as well, with new episodes from Nashville released every Friday.
David French is senior editor of The Dispatch. He’s also a columnist for Time. He’s the author of Rise of ISIS: A Threat We Can’t Ignore, and Divided We Fall: America’s Secession Threat and How to Restore Our Nation, among others.
Resources from the Conversation
- Read David French’s work at The Dispatch
- Read How the ERLC is advocating for Southern Baptists in Washington, D.C. by Jeff Pickering
- Read How the ERLC advocates on the Hill by Chelsea Patterson Sobolik
- Read Why do we send advocacy letters in D.C.? by Chelsea Patterson Sobolik and Jeff Pickering
- Listen to our favorite episodes
- Chelsea: Melissa Ohden on Surviving Abortion
- Jeff: Kenneth Bae, the longest held U.S. prisoner in North Korea, on hope in a hard labor camp
- Travis: Matti Friedman on the Middle East after the Abraham Accords
- Interns: Staff Roundtable with our spring 2020 intern on her semester in D.C. and how the pandemic changed everything and the episode when Brooke was an intern Year in Review with the 2018 Interns
- Read about the issues we highlighted
- Subscribe to ERLC’s Policy Newsletter