Matthew and Travis welcome Ben Mitchell, PhD to discuss physician-assisted suicide and the biblical ethics that inform a Christian view of the issue. The roundtable reviews domestic religious freedom items including Senator Bernie Sanders’ religious test for public office, a Southern Baptist church facing zoning restrictions in Chicago, and recent ERLC meetings with Executive Branch officials as they seek to correct breaches of religious freedom by federal agencies.
- Bio – Ben Mitchell, Ph.D., Graves Professor of Moral Philosophy at Union University
- Book: Christian Bioethics: A Guide for Pastors, Health Care Professionals, and Families
- Doctors must not help patients commit suicide – The Jackson Sun
- Ethics & Medicine: An International Journal of Bioethics edited by Dr. Mitchell
- Explainer: How to reject physician-assisted suicide – ERLC.com
- Relevant SBC Resolutions from 1992 and 1996.
- ERLC content on assisted suicide and end of life issues.
- 5 facts about physician-assisted suicide in America – ERLC.com
- The “Will to live” document (by state) from National Right to Life
“Feel the Bern” of religious discrimination
- Bernie Sanders's Religious Test for Christians in Public Office – The Atlantic
- Press release: Russell Moore criticizes Senator Bernie Sanders’ comments, calling them a religious test for office
- Chicago church sues over stalled building purchase – Baptist Press
If you are a parent, a pastor, a student pastor, you will want to attend our ERLC National Conference on Christ-Centered Parenting. Use the discount code NATIONAL20 for an additional 20% off.