In this episode, Lindsay and Brent talk about Brent’s trip to Washington, D.C., and his productive meetings with lawmakers. They also discuss the Senate’s vote to move forward with the Respect for Marriage Act, the Republicans’ narrow victory to win the House, and Nancy Pelosi’s future.
- Hannah Daniel with Explainer: Why the ERLC Still Opposes the Respect for Marriage Act
- Hannah Daniel with Advocacy priorities for the ERLC in the Lame Duck Session: Life, religious liberty, marriage, and human dignity
- NBC News: Republicans officially gain control of U.S. House–but with slim majority
- Chicago Sun Times: Will Dreamer bill pass this Congress during lame duck?
- Politico: Speaker Pelosi’s future
- WSJ: Get paid to sleep
- NBC News: Taping mouth shut to sleep trend
Connect with us on Twitter
- Dobbs Resource Page | The release of the Dobbs decision marks a true turning point in the pro-life movement, a moment that Christians, advocates and many others have worked toward tirelessly for 50 years. Let us rejoice that we live in a nation where past injustices can still be corrected, as we also roll our sleeves up to save preborn lives, serve vulnerable mothers, and support families in our communities. To get more resources on this case, visit ERLC.com/Dobbs.
- Sexual Ethics Resource Page | Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the constant stream of entertainment and messages that challenge the Bible’s teachings on sexual ethics? It often feels like we’re walking through uncharted territory. But no matter what we face in our ever-shifting culture, God’s design for human sexuality has never changed. The ERLC’s new sexual ethics resource page is full of helpful articles, videos, and explainers that will equip you to navigate these important issues with truth and grace. Get these free resources at ERLC.com/sexualethics.